We learned a lot in 2013, the inaugural year for EXPOSURE! The exhibit generated more interest and enthusiasm by the mobile photo community than we ever imagined, but also more chaos than anticipated. It was a valuable learning experience.
Below is a summary of what artists can expect for EXPOSURE 2014.
- EXPOSURE 2014 will be held from March 15 – 26, 2014 at CS Gallery in the historic neighborhood of Olde Towne East in Columbus, Ohio, a metropolitan area with a population of nearly 2 million in the Midwest, U.S. The opening reception is scheduled for Saturday, March 15, 2014, 7:00-10:00 pm.
- ALL IMAGES SUBMITTED MUST BE SHOT AND EDITED USING ONLY A MOBILE DEVICE AND ASSOCIATED APPS. We define “mobile device” as all mobile phones and tablets.
- The 2014 exhibit will be JURIED through a blind jury process. The juror, Lisa McLymont, is a Columbus-based professional artist and art educator with no ties to the mobile photography community. We chose Lisa because she is able to provide an objective eye and eliminate bias.
- The Call for Entry will be open December 1 – 15, 2013. The Call for Entry will officially close at 11:59 pm EST on December 15, 2013.
- There is NO fee to participate in the Call for Entry or jury process. Juror Lisa McLymont has graciously volunteered her time.
- All work submitted must be in square format.
- There is NO theme or style requirement. We simply want your best work.
- A total of SIXTY (60) artists will be accepted, split evenly between Ohio artists and non-Ohio artists. (Thirty (30) Ohio artists will be accepted, and thirty (30) artists from outside of Ohio will be accepted.)
- Accepted artists will be notified approximately one (1) month after the Call for Entry is closed. Accepted artists will also be listed here and on the Exposure Mobile Photo Facebook page.
- Accepted artists will be subject to a $35 participation fee. This covers the cost of printing/mounting images, and promotional expenses.
- Accepted artists will have five (5) images physically displayed at CS Gallery. Each image will also be available for purchase in limited editions of five (5) through an online gallery that will be operational for the duration of the brick-and-mortar exhibit.
- Images displayed at the gallery will be professionally printed on 8″x8″ Kodak Professional Endura Lustre paper and mounted to an 8″x8″ wood panel (3/4″ thick). Wood-mounted images will be priced at $55. CS Gallery takes a 25% commission on all work sold.
- Images sold through the online gallery will be professionally printed on 8″x8″ Kodak Professional Endura Lustre paper and matted to 11″x14″ using white acid-free matboard, and shipped in a clear, acid-free sleeve and photo mailer. Only five (5) of each image will be sold, thus maintaining edition status. Matted images sold online will be priced at $30 + shipping. CS Gallery takes a 25% commission on all work sold.
- Unsold work by Central Ohio arists may be picked up at CS Gallery through the end of April 2014. Artwork that is left after this time period will be destroyed by the gallery, and wood panels reused.
- Unsold work by artists outside of Central Ohio may choose to have their work shipped to them for a nominal fee. Shipping charges will depend on the weight of the package and location of the artist. Artists who do not wish to pay for shipping will have their images destroyed by the gallery. The leftover wood panels will be reused in 2015.
- ALL ARTISTS MAINTAIN COPYRIGHT ON THEIR IMAGES.
- CS Gallery takes a 25% commission on all work sold.